Dave and Buster's @ Howard Hughes Center
Richard and Mary Talley Volunteer Appreciation and Family Day
Honoring our volunteers and bringing our families together for a day of fun and celebration in honor of a couple who volunteered at the Wooten Center some 14 years in our early days.
Time & Location
2022年10月29日 10:00 – 15:00
Dave and Buster's @ Howard Hughes Center, 6081 Center Drive Los Angeles, CA 90045
About the Event
Congratulations to our Volunteer of the Year....Michael Bacharach! Michael has been with us since 2020 serving as a private tutor in math. Michael has faithfully helped many students with homework and tutoring to help achieve academic excellence during the pandemic.
Congratulations to all of our honorees. We love and appreciate you for your help serving our youth and community.
- Volunteer of the Year: Michael Bacharach
- Youth Helper of the Year: Arianna Martinez
- Teen Helper of the Year: Terron Rucker
- Alum Helper of the Year: Zaria Price
- Partner of the Year: Lezlee Matthews Consulting for "College Applications Night"
What is Talley Day?
Our annual celebration is named in honor of a beautiful couple who served some 14 years as volunteers at the Wooten Center. Mr. Talley taught art and made our first website. Mrs. Talley taught numerous children to read! We appreciate and honor them both as great examples of using what you have to make a difference.
Open to all current afterschool youth, parents, siblings and volunteers. It's Volunteer Appreciation and Family Day! Space is limited to up to 90 people so RSVP today.
Dave and Buster's at the
Howard Hughes Center
6081 Center Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90045
* Pizza/chicken/cheeseburger lunch
* Trophy and medal presentations to honorees
* Unlimited games till 10pm (adults only till 1am)
* Bus transportation available at the center (depart 10am, return 4pm)
* Free for up to 40 current Wooten students
* Free for up to 20 current volunteers
* Free for honorees
* Other youth and adults: $20/ea for food and games ($32 value)
RSVP and payment due Sun, Oct 23
Jose Alfaro, Recreation Director
2 WAYS TO PAY
1. In office with card or check only (no cash): Mon-Fri, 10am-6pm
2. Online: www.wootencenter.org/donations
All youth must be accompanied by a parent or other adult age 21 and up. It's Family Day! Each adult can supervise up to 6 youth only, per D&B requirements.